Green Promise Terms of Service
These Terms of Service disclose the general terms for use of this Web site. We have developed these Terms of Service to govern your use of this web site (the "Site"). This Site along with its partners and advertisers, provide content and services to you subject to the following conditions. Please read them carefully. These Terms of Service are a binding contract between you and us regarding your use of this Site. If you use this Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service.
A. YOUR USE OF THE SITE
If you become a member of the Site, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your membership or any associated rights therein. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access the Site using your name in whole or in part.
2. Other Specifics About Interactive Areas. The Site's bulletin boards, chat rooms and other such interactive areas were created to provide users with a forum to express their opinions and share their ideas and information. Given the nature of the Site and the volume of messages and postings, we use reasonable efforts to monitor the Site, yet cannot and do not monitor all of the material posted or transmitted by users and third party information providers. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using these forums. We particularly discourage divulging personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify or locate you. We reserve the right to delete, move or edit any communications at any time, for any reason or in its discretion, but have no obligation to review or remove any such content. When using the Site, you are prohibited from posting material that:
(a) contains offensive, vulgar, profane, false, abusive, libelous, hateful, defamatory or obscene language;
(b) contains fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading statements;
(c) violates a copyright or trademark, or any other intellectual property right of another;
(d) violates the privacy rights of any third party; or
(e) violates any municipal, state or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance, or attempts to encourage such violation.
This list is not exhaustive. Therefore, we reserve the right to remove any content posted on the Site and/or terminate your access to the Site at any time for any reason.
3. Communications with Third Parties Through the Site. Your dealings or communications through the Site with any party other than us are solely between you and that third party. Please review carefully that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with those policies and practices before you engage in any transaction. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
B. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Copyright. All of the information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with this Site, including for example directories, guides, news articles, opinions, reviews, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, software, data, and the like (collectively, the "Content"), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by us. We actively protect our rights to the Content to the fullest extent of the law. You may not use such material except as provided in these Terms of Service.
You may use the Content online and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice contained in such Content. No other use is permitted. You may not, for example, republish the Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any of the Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not modify, copy, frame, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content without our written consent. Requests to use the Content for any purpose other than as permitted in this section should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Copyright Complaints. Green Promise reserves the right to remove any content on the Site which allegedly infringes another person's copyright. Notices regarding any alleged copyright infringement on the Site should be directed to the contact information at the end of these Terms of Service.
3. Trademarks. The Content includes logotypes, trademarks and service marks (collectively "Marks") owned by us and our affiliates, and Marks owned by other information providers and third parties. No Marks may be used in any manner unless approved in writing in advance by us.
4. Links to, and frames of, the Site. If you operate a Web site and wish to link to this Site, you may link to the home page of the Site and to any other page or subdomain of us. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques that involve any Marks, copyrighted material or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of any portion of the Site or suggest any relationship between our Site and you without our express written consent. In addition, you agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Site in any way that affects the user's experience, and not to use any data mining, robots, cancelbots, spiders, Trojan horse, or any data gathering or extraction method in connection with your use of the Site.
C. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent, warrant and covenant (a) that no materials of any kind submitted by you and/or through your membership account will (i) violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights; or (ii) contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material; and (b) that, if you are providing information to the Site, you are at least thirteen (13) years old. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Green Promise, its parent company, affiliate companies, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you or any user of your account of these Terms or as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
D. GENERAL DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the Content. We do not represent or warrant that use of any Content, when authorized, will not infringe the rights of third parties. In addition, in some cases, Content available on the Site may be provided and/or hosted by third parties. We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or links to or from any other sites. While we encourage such third parties to abide by these Terms of Service, we have no responsibility for actions of third parties.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NEITHER WE, NOR OUR PARENT COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "PARTIES"), MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE SITE, THE CONTENT, DOWNLOADS AVAILABLE AT THE SITE, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL DISPLAYED ON THE SITE, OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF SUCH SERVICES OR SITES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR DESTRUCTIVE FILES.
WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, DOWNLOADS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR: (I) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND/OR (II) ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, AND/OR THE DISCLAIMER OF SOME TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Site is controlled, operated and administered from its offices within the United States. We make no representation that materials or Content available through the Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export the Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
1. We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service at any time in our discretion and to notify users of any such changes solely by changing these Terms of Service. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of any amended Terms of Service shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. Please note that your use of this Site prior to the time these Terms of Service was posted will be governed according to the Terms of Service that applied at the time of your use, if any.
2. We may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of the Site, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability, terminate any registration and/or membership and/or deny access to any person or user at any time for any reason.
3. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement is found unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties as reflected in that provision, and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Any failure of ours to enforce or exercise any provision of this Agreement or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms of Service and/or the Site, please submit your questions or comments using our contact form.